Saturday, November 10, 2012

Wednesday Night

Ok I am slowly but surely catching up to this weekend. As some of you may know Tuesday night is like a mini Friday for me, but although I don't have class on Wednesday I definitely do have class Thursday morning at 8:00 am (oh the joys of the dreaded 8am). Well Wednesday night I was in my room doing homework in between fangirling over Tumblr posts like any respectable student and Caroline and Leslie both came knocking on my door. "Lets go on an adventure!" And before I could say M&M pajama pants I was already back in my jeans and marching down the stairs with the determination to escape the dorm building at 10pm on a school night but absolutely no idea as to where we were actually going. We ended up at one of those funny playgrounds for adults with all the exercise equipment and at least three 100+ year-old women at any given time of day (except 10pm I guess). We sat on the swings for about 30 minutes belting Disney songs, and when we ran out of Disney songs we sang our respect for the 90's. In time our voices grew more and more grating and Leslie grew more and more motion sick, so we abandoned the swings in favor of trying out every single exercise machine. When the night was late and at least two of us had pulled muscles we started off toward the only 24-hour convenience store in the vicinity. Despite the cold, and somewhat erratic wind, we all bought ice cream at the convenience store (and I stocked up on toilet paper as well). With ice cream in hand we finally returned to the dorm building. Everyone in the hall was in there PJ's and most were walking around with lists of vocab words three inches from their noses. Some of our peers asked where we had gone or why we were eating ice cream when it was predicted to snow tomorrow, others just cocked their heads and stared. I think this was one of the proudest moments in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment