Tuesday, February 26, 2013

So much to catch up on!!!

Wow, I am a really terrible blogger. Sorry to keep everyone waiting on updates! Here it goes.... After our taking the placement test (and feeling really good about it, by the way) I finally placed into 300 level Chinese!!!! Yay!! Last semester I was in 255 despite it being my third year taking Chinese at the college level, but that was where I belonged and I'm glad I had that chance to build a strong foundation in the language. Now I'm feeling really good in 301, and actually we found out that 301 at Alliance is the equivalent of 4th year Chinese in the States. Sweet. Same as last semester we have a 24/hr language pledge on campus which is not a problem at all. I'm to the point where I can actually have conversations with people in a mildly conversational manner with only the occasional accidentally-offensive mistake. Also in the first week I explored a near-by bookstore that has the most adorable stationary I have ever seen in my life, just another reason to be obsessed with China. Jayson and I also had dinner at KFC the night before Chinese classes started to celebrate the last day of speaking English...but to be honest I would have rather eaten at one of the BAJILLION Chinese restaurants in the area because they are just so DELICIOUS. Looks like I'm never coming home guys, sorry bout that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment