Friday, August 31, 2012

FRIDAY

Friday was a great day. Friday is always a great day, and as far as I'm concerned everyday should be a Friday. Now that that is out of the way, yesterday (Friday) I went SHOPPING. We got out of class at noon and then headed out to lunch at a really nice, mildly expensive, westerny-Chinesey restaurant. I ordered baked rice with chicken and vegetables and it was SOOOOO delicious. Another reason to love Friday: free beer at Stairway to Love Cafe. About twelve of us went out to eat and then we split up for afternoon activities. A couple other girls and I took the subway two stops to the Beijing Zoo station where there is a giant four story market place. I ended up buying two adorable rings (one looks like a panda and the other a fox), a mickey mouse watch (that promptly broke after purchase), and a phone case! All in all it was a great afternoon. Unfortunately I didn't see any clothes that I couldn't live without. After shopping it was almost time for dinner. We went to a place named Pyros Pizza which is a restaurant/bar that caters mostly to foreigners. Pyros was pretty awesome, it is designed to look like the inside of a frat house but all the frat stuff says "Wudaokou University." Wudaoku is the bar district in Beijing. I was amazed to see so many different types of people there!! China is ridiculously homogenous when it comes to ethnicity, but Pyros looked just like the American melting pot except it also had people from Europe and Africa and God knows where else. I almost forgot I was in China. The food was also amazing, I ordered chicken quesodillas and even by my picky Texas standards they were super good! Caroline got a deep dish cookie pizza topped with ice cream, and needless to say that was the table's favorite dish. After Pyros we went to check out a club called Propaganda and by 11:00pm just about every IES student showed up! It was really cool hanging out with everyone off campus for once. Bonus: Propaganda plays American music :)

No comments:

Post a Comment