Saturday, September 1, 2012

Differences

On Friday one of my Chinese professors (probably one of the most adorable, sweetest ladies I have ever met) wore a jean skirt with a frilly hem to class. The skirt was embroidered with a flower design that matched the flowers embroidered on her peasant blouse. Very cutesy, with the exception of a painted fairy on the bottom left corner of the skirt. How should I describe this fairy? I guess imagine the biggest, baddest biker bar you have ever seen in a really dramatic movie about hoodlums. Now find the man with the most tattoos and you will inevitable find a very voluptuous mermaid with a sexy pout inked somewhere on his person. Next, add wings and paint it on the skirt of a very professional, very small Chinese woman! Ta da!!!! I almost didn't notice the fairy at first among the embroidered flowers, but when I did I just couldn't help but smile and compare her (almost) innocent attire to the clothing of an American professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment