Sunday, September 9, 2012

Decathalon

So the big trip is coming up!! On Saturday we leave for our mobile learning field trip, I will be out of Beijing for 14 days without access to Internet so just be expecting that. I will post more about the trip in the next couple days as we prepare to leave. On Saturday afternoon a bunch of us went to Decathalon, an outdoors and camping store, to buy what we need for the trip. Decathalon is apparently a French store that carries imported French brands, but sells them at Chinese prices!!! Essentially, the quality and the prices are unbelievable!! I picked up a real nice backpacking pack that straps on 14 different ways and carries 40lbs of gear, a smaller back pack for day trips, a sturdy water bottle, and a winter coat that is water resistant on the outside and fleece on the inside for a grand total of $450 RMB which comes out to be around $75 USD. That would be impossible in the States, my winter coat alone would have cost $75. Im super excited about all my gear, my backpacks are lime green, my coat is hot pink, and my water bottle is bright blue! I am going to be the most color camper on the Mongolian grasslands!!

No comments:

Post a Comment