Wednesday, September 5, 2012

One-on-one Fun Time

One-on-one classes have started. I think maybe after the language pledge this is what I was most nervous about. Four times a week we are required to meet with a private tutor for one hour to go over that day’s vocabulary and grammar patterns while practicing pronunciation and speaking skills. These tutoring sessions bring us to about 16 hours of formal Chinese instruction each week, and that doesn’t include our language pledge hours, which are from 8:00am to 4:00pm on campus. Well, the good news is I really like the one-on-on! The tutor is different from any of the other Chinese teachers I have throughout the day and she explains the grammar in a different way that makes it easier for me to understand (albeit still in Chinese). Anyway, she is very sweet and rather than dreading 7:00pm-8:00pm (yes, it is that late) I look forward to it a little. Its still class after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment