Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Field Trip

Not much to say about Saturday. I was suffering from some unknown illness. I had severe pain in my stomach, but thank God I wasn't nauseous. Well, I decided to be trooper and still went on the class field trip to Tiananmen Square, the Urban Planning Museum, and The Forbidden City. I don't have much to say because I was feeling terrible all morning and most of the afternoon. The weather was also abismal and the pollution at an all time high (at least it looked that way). It rained off and on, sometimes a drizzle and other times pelting down so hard that our red, yellow, and blue ponchos suctioned to our skin, acting like a wet suit and creating a steamy brew of rain and sweat. Yum. Most of the students seemed tired and frustrated with the weather, but I would take that any day over feeling like your stomach is being attacked by tiny pitchfork-wielding gnomes sadistically singing hai-ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment