Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bei Hai

This is Bei Hai Park where you can rent paddle boats and see tons of fun Chinay things like the Nine Dragon Screen. A couple friends and I went to explore Bei Hai during the Mid Autumn Festival so it was pretty crowded, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a gorgeous park. The only problem I have with Chinese parks: you can't go on the grass. It is always roped off and there is usually a sign that says "please don't disturb the tiny grass dreaming with your feet" (actual English translation on a sign). The willow trees surrounding Bei Hai were really pretty, especially because it was a windy day and they reminded me of Grandmother Willow. Somehow I am always able to find Disney references in my China travels, its a burden but somebody has to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment