Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Beijing Zoo

Today I went to the Beijing Zoo after doing some homework in the morning. I primarily wanted to go see the pandas, but it turned out to be a bit of a let-down. People had told me the zoo was going to be depressing, so I kind of expected what I saw. The habitats in general were pretty terrible, but I was actually more irritated by the visitors than the zoo itself. People knocked on every glass surface they saw, threw food and trash into the enclosures, yelled at the animals, and generally were very unconcerned with the whole situation. I suppose there is some cultural difference here...I am glad that I saw the pandas, but I have very mixed feelings regarding the experience. Except for this one ring-tailed lemur who was all like "talk to the hand." He was pretty cool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment