Sunday, October 7, 2012

Crazy Horse

This is the horse that I had the pleasure of riding across the grasslands. Unfortunately, two minutes before I was placed upon this fine steed I saw it misbehaving with a Mongolian rider. The horse was constantly rearing up, attempting to throw its rider from the saddle. A couple friends and I were watching and commenting on how that horse was probably not going to have a student rider because it appeared unfit. Well, not more than two minutes later the Mongol man dismounted and motioned for me to come over. I was very resistant, but to no avail. After being placed upon this white horse another Mongol man began explaining how to control the horse...in Chinese. I started shouting out for a professor to translate, and Jayson ran to grab one of the laoshi (teachers). Lu Laoshi came over and explained how to hold the reigns and instruct the horse, however as soon as the Mongol man stepped back my darling horse started trotting off in some random direction away from the rest of the group. I turned around and began shouting again because this horse had not been informed that reigns together meant halt. Apparently he was under the impression that reigns together mean do whatever the heck you want. Well I wasn't quite comfortable with that. Soon another Mongol was running over toward me and my rouge stallion. He leaped on the back behind me and grabbed the reigns to turn the horse around. I was thankful to have a second rider...until the man yelled out and the horse took off at a full sprint across the grasslands. I thought I was going to die that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment