Saturday, October 27, 2012

Summer Palace

Leslie, Caroline and I chose a really terrible day to explore the Summer Palace. Although the temperature was nice the pollution was particularly lihai (potent). The air just felt thick and my throat got really irritated. Leslie and I often wore our scarves over our mouths...it hadn't rained in a while which always makes the pollution worse. These pictures were literally taken in the middle of the afternoon. There weren't any clouds in the sky, but you still couldn't see the sun. From now on I am always going to carry my face mask in my purse so I don't get stuck unprepared again. The Summer Palace was an absolute blast!! We had a TON of fun running around and taking ridiculous posed pictures. These girls are just great. After the Summer Palace we went shopping at the underground market near the Beijing Zoo. You can't bargain there but the prices are really fair and it is only locals, we didn't see any other waiguoren (foreigners). I finally feel prepared for winter weather!!!! I did not bring enough clothes to China and now the evenings are really cold. Anyways the shopping at the underground market was just amazing the the selection was so impressive. Then we stopped at DQ for a quick afternoon snack. Yes. Dairy Queen. We found them in China and they have BLIZZARDS!!!! Different flavors from the ones in the States, but they still do the thing were they serve it upsidedown and if it falls out then you get it free. That evening we went to Wudaokou to party it up for Halloween. We ended the night at a great club. It was a successful end to a very successful (and tiring) day.

No comments:

Post a Comment